Public schools systems in our area will be providing free meals to students while schools remain closed due to the coronavirus.
Officials will deliver the meals Monday, Wednesday and Friday at the locations below for the weeks of March 16 and March 23.
- 12:00 PM, Garland Hayward Youth Center parking lot at 30660 Hampden Avenue in Princess Anne
- 12:30 PM, Greenwood Elementary School parking lot at 11412 Dryden Road in Princess Anne
- 12:15 PM, It Takes a Village Parking Lot at 943 West Maine Street in Crisfield
- 12:45 PM, Woodson Elementary School parking lot at 281 Woodson School Road in Crisfield
- 12:15 PM, Volunteer Fire Department Parking Lot at 10090 Deal Island Road in Deal Island
- 12:00 PM, Eden Shell Station parking lot at 31680 Eden Allen Road in Eden
- 12:15 PM, Volunteer Fire Department Parking Lot at 27407 Fairmount Road in Westover/Fairmount
Beginning Wednesday, March 18:
- 12:00 PM, Volunteer Fire Department parking lot at 38290 Crisfield Marion Road in Marion Station
- 12:15 PM, Volunteer Fire Department parking lot at 27440 Mt. Vernon Road in Princess Anne
Each student will receive a bag with two breakfast meals and two lunch meals. More information can be found at www.somerset.k12.md.us
Dorchester County Public Schools will be providing a free meal service to students during the two-week school closure at several locations throughout the county. Beginning on Tuesday, March 17, grab-and-go bag breakfast and lunches will be available for pick-up in the parking lots of the following locations:
• Choptank Elementary
• Sandy Hill Elementary
• Hurlock Elementary
• Vienna Elementary
• North Dorchester High School
• New Beginnings on Greenwood Ave., Cambridge
• Empowerment Center on Pine St., Cambridge
• Parking area adjacent to the Goodwill store at Cambridge Marketplace
Pick-up times are from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday for each of the two weeks. The grab-and-go bags are for children between the ages of 4 and 18, and adults cannot accept bags on behalf of children. Our good friends at Meals till Monday will also provide supplemental food for weekend meals on Thursdays at Choptank, Sandy Hill, Empowerment Center, and New Beginnings and on Fridays at Hurlock, Vienna, North Dorchester High, and Cambridge Marketplace.
Wicomico County Public Schools will serve free nutritious meals to children and teens during the two-week mandatory closure of schools. The program is open to ALL WCPS children from birth to age 18, and for individuals over 18 who are mentally or physically disabled.
Meals for pickup will begin on Tuesday, March 17th, and will be available each weekday through Friday, March 27th.
A lunch and a snack will be available for pickup from 12 to 1 p.m. on weekdays outside of the following school locations:
- East Salisbury Elementary
- Pemberton Elementary
- Prince Street Elementary
- Fruitland Primary
- Pinehurst Elementary
- Salisbury Middle School
WCPS is providing bagged lunches at the following locations to children in need.
- Snow Hill – Ebenezer United Methodist Church & Snow Hill Elementary
- Pocomoke – Windy Gardens & Pocomoke Middle School
- Berlin/Ocean City – Buckingham Elementary School
Lunches will be available on March 17, 18, 20, 23, 25 and 27th from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Seaford – Seaford Library, St. John’s UMC, Clarence Street Church of God, Blades Elementary
- Laurel – Laurel Elementary School & North Laurel Elementary School
- Gumboro – Gumboro Community Center
- Millsboro – Millsboro Middle School
- Dagsboro – “Old” Dagsboro Fire Hall
- Frankford – Frankford Park – Parking Lot
- Selbyville – Selbyville Police Station
- Fenwick Island – Fenwick Island Baptist Church
- Oak Orchard – Indian River Volunteer Fire Department Station #1 and Station #2
These locations have differing start dates. For up to date information go to doe.k12.de.us/covid19